Simple items you can pack to keep up your healthy lifestyle while travelling... (I personally use all of them ;-)
Travelessentialsbannertenon

Healthy Travel Essentials

Lifestyle / Wellness

Don't worry - you can totally stay on track with your healthy eating and lifestyle while travelling. Drink lots of water, walk, swim or do some fun form of exercise every day and make healthy eating choices 80% of the time...AND allow yourself to enjoy the other 20% without guilt or regret or anger!

And to go with those tips, here are a few simple items (all of my favs) to pack for your next trip...

Travel snacks sq tenon

Snacks

The opportunity to sway from your usual healthy eating habits definitely happens when travelling. To help you stay on track pack some healthy snacks! You can keep smaller pack of hemp seeds in your bag to sprinkle on salads, veggies or any meal, for extra plant based protein, healthy fats and magnesium.

Smaller size packages of almond butter can protein up your oatmeal, toast or crackers. 

GoMacro bars are a great choice for a truly healthy, clean snack. They contain no refined sugars, are vegan, gluten free, organic and are sustainably sourced and made. Plus they are delicious! 

I picked up all of these snacks at Goodness Me

Eminence sunscreen sq tenon

Natural Sunscreen

Sunscreen is obviously necessary for a sunny vacay, however many conventional sunscreens contain chemicals that can be harmful to you and to the environment. That's why I love Eminence sunscreens. They are a natural and organic sunscreen that work great and are easy to apply. I use the Tropical Vanilla Body and love the Sun Defence Minerals Powder for my face - its hypoallergenic, doesn't clog pores and is a water resistant SPF 30. Plus it looks great on and is easy to apply since it is a powder and comes in a brush - no grease or mess. I picked both of these up at Kabuki Spa in Hamilton but you can check the Eminence Website Here to find a spa that carries it near you. 

Dr b hand sani sq tenon

Hand Sanitizer

Airports and airplanes are germy. Most conventional hand sanitizers are full of chemicals but this one from Dr. Bronner has only 4 simple, safe, clean ingredients and is just as effective! I always have one of these in my carry on bag, my purse and in my car. Plus it works great as a natural deodorant in a pinch ;-) I've seen it at different health food stores and also bought it on well.ca

Juicy bamboo sq tenon

Fresh Face Wipes

Because who wants to spend time washing their face when there is a gorgeous sunset outside! These natural, cruelty free and biodegradable cleansing cloths from Kaia Naturals are a cleanser, toner and moisturizer all in one! Love a multi-tasker!

These bamboo cloths aren't bleached or saturated with parabens, fragrance or any synthetic chemicals. Instead, they are soaked in natural and nourishing ingredients. I love to use them to freshen up after a day at the beach, when I'm too tired to wash my face or after a flight. 

You can order them online at kaianaturals.com

Unwrapped shampoo sq tenon

Waste Free Shampoo

This shampoo bar is from Unwrapped Life - an amazing online company whose mission 'is to reduce single-use plastics in the products that we use daily, making sustainability accessible, and stylish.'

Their travel sets include a shampoo and conditioner bar (no bottles = no waste) that produce shiny, beautiful hair. All of their hair bars are: colour-safe, vegan and cruelty-free. Love it!

Ps. I personally use these at home as well.

What healthy items do you always pack when travelling? I'd love to hear about them - let me know in the comments below! xo Kim

0

Add a Comment

We thought you might like…

Join our newsletter

Get a free downloadable recipe book with
15 healthy, simple, plant based recipes.



You'll also get weekly wellness inspiration right in your inbox!

Close

Subscribe for regular updates